On this show of Aperture and Shutter speed Chelsea and Dick interview professional photographer Doug Box. Doug talks about his personal journey in photography, the classes he now teaches and role as the Executive Director of Texas Professional Photographers Association. Also, Doug talked about the upcoming events for TPPA including SummerFest which will be held locally at La Torretta Resort. Chelsea and Dick talked about a fun summer photography craft you can do with your kids and some good places to shoot.
CHELSEA WILLIAMS – I knew I wanted to be a photographer since I was thirteen years old. When I was fourteen I started taking night classes at a community college just to learn. I kept at it and got a BS in Photography from Sam Houston State University in 2007. I have been in business ever since.
I now have two wonderful children of my own and I truly love photographing small children and families. I currently do photo shoots with newborns, families, seniors, maternity, engagement and bridal sessions.
Also, for those who know you only get one shot at a first impression I offer quality head shots and business portraits. I offer photo shoots either outdoors with natural light or I can bring studio equipment to a home or office for indoor shoots. I live in Conroe, TX but work all over Huntsville, Montgomery, Magnolia, The Woodlands and Spring, TX.
Whatever your photography needs are with Chelsea Williams Photography THE FOCUS IS ON YOU!
Dick became a photographer in High School, purchasing his first Digital DLSR, Canon 10D. Since then, he has been an avid fan of taking photos of anything. His main interest in photography is developing a better understanding of cinematography in film. The technical side of taking photos and shooting film has been and will always be the core of his love for photography and film.
Check out Aperture & Shutterspeed’s Social Media Information below!
- 5.9.17 – Check out Barry Harely’s work http://www.barryharley.com/ - Chelsea felt honored to interview extremely talented photographer Barry Harley who is a Commercial and Architectural Photographer. Although Architecture is a specialty Barry is talented at lighting and posing groups as well. They talk about [...]
- 4.18.17 – What does it take to get an Emmy? – Aperture and Shutter Speed - Chelsea invites three time Emmy winner Chris Multop into the station to talk about the fascinating work he does with time lapse photography and video. Chris won a prime time Emmy for his work on [...]
- 4.25.17 – What is it like for a photographer to be in front of the camera? – Aperture and Shutter Speed - Chelsea and friend Kellie found they had more in common with photography than they had realized before. Kellie Gann is a photographer in Lufkin, TX who specializes in weddings and family portraits. Kellie also recently [...]
- 3.7.17 – JB Sallee – Aperture and Shutter Speed with Chelsea Wiliams - JB Sallee talked to Chelsea about what lead him to photography and how he turned it into a career. JB and his wife now run an award winning wedding photography business. Chelsea also asked about [...]
- Aperture and Shutter Speed with Guest Maryanne Keeling - Chelsea talks to friend Maryanne Keeling about her background in photography. Maryanne started out in the darkroom creating unique tinted and hand colored black and white prints. Maryanne has evolved with the digital times and [...]
- Aperture and Shutter Speed with Guest Brad Barton - Even though Brad Barton doesn’t live in Conore, Chelsea was still able to get a phone interview with him. They talked about the importance of story telling in portraits and how that has shaped Brad’s [...]
- Aperture and Shutter Speed with Guest Joy Brasington - During the show Joy and Chelsea talked about Send out Cards and how they both use it as a marketing tool. Uploading pictures and personalizing each card makes it the perfect fit for a photographer [...]
- Aperture and Shutter Speed with guest Ed Gorman - Chelsea talked to fellow photographer Ed Gorman about what Ed likes to photograph. Ed also helps at the Conroe Art League every 1st Thursday of the month. Anyone can go in that needs help with [...]
- Aperture and Shutter Speed January 17th - helsea just got back from Imaging USA and reports on all her favorite workshops and classes. She also talks about the growing trend of international guided photo tours. Listen to the show on SoundCloud The [...]
- Aperture and shutter Speed with guest Tracey Jowers - Chelsea spent time talking to friend Tracey Jowers who shares a love for photography as well. Nothing better than two friends talking about photography. Listen to the show on SoundCloud Sponsor Aperture and Shutter Speed [...]
- December 27th Commercial Photography with the owner of The Knife Guys - Chelsea talked about what goes into a commercial photo shoot with her dad, Phillip Watkins the owner of The Knife Guys. From a photographers perspective what you should do to prepare for a shoot and [...]
- December 20th with Karinda Kinsler - Horses, Brides and Babies… That is what guest Karinda Kinsler specializes in. Karinda shared her story of how she got started taking pictures in an unconventional way and turned it into a thriving business. She [...]
- December 13th, 2016 Aperture and Shutter Speed - Looking for the perfect gift for the shutterbug in your life. Doug from Humble Camera Center talks to Chelsea about great gift ideas for photographers. Listen to this show on Youtube. Sponsor Aperture and Shutter [...]
- November 1st, 2016 with Guest Shawna Beck - Chelsea talks to friend Shawna Beck about her portrait photography business and how an art background has influenced her work. Shawna goes over some artistic projects that she has worked on and how she has [...]
- November 29th with Grant’s Eco Art - Julie and Grant from Grant’s Eco Art came by to talk to Chelsea all about Grant’s artwork. They told their inspirational story about taking some of the challenges of autism and focusing it in a [...]
- November 15th, 2016 Aperture and Shutter Speed - Leo from Conroe Coffee stopped by to talk photography with Chelsea. Now there is a window between the Coffee Shop and the station so everyone can drink coffee and watch the show. Also Chelsea talked [...]
- October 25th Kenya Mission - After being gone on a mission trip Chelsea is back in the studio talking about her trip to Kenya with Missions coordinator Brittney Coulter. Chelsea and Brittney talked about some images Chelsea shared and the [...]
- September 27th, 2016 Aperture and Shutter Speed - Francie Stonestreet Balthazar came into the studio to talk with Chelsea. Francie talked about her passion for Wedding Photography and how her passion drives her creativity. Francie also talked about her journey through print competition [...]
- September 13th, 2016 – Aperture and Shutter Speed with Chelsea Williams - Joe Lippeatt founder of Houston Photo Walks talks all about his group and the fun things they do when they meet up. From night photography in Houston to underwater photography, even Photography Cruises. A great [...]
- September 6th, 2016 – Aperture and Shutter Speed with Chelsea Williams - Buy Dapoxetine online in UK priligy online to cure premature ejaculation. Take Dapoxetine to delay ejaculation order dapoxetine. Good news is that the condition of premature ejaculation is curable. You can buy Dapoxetine and take [...]
- August 30th, 2016 – Aperture and Shutter Speed with Chelsea Williams - Chelsea spoke with friend Dawn Candy about her business I Promote You and how important a professional headshot is to promoting your business. Dawn also talked about her work on the upcoming WISE Conference that [...]
- August 23rd, 2016 – Aperture and Shutter Speed with Chelsea Williams - President of Texas Professional Photographers Association Steve Kozak talks all about TPPA and the upcoming educational event PhotoGenesis. Learn all about what goes on at the workshops and why it is great for photographers of [...]
- August 16th, 2016 – Aperture and Shutter Speed with Chelsea Williams - Hear all about underwater portraits from guest Diana Waguespack. While Diana has an extensive background in art and photography she found her passion in the water. Diana even gave some great tips for any hobbies t [...]
- August 2nd, 2016 – Aperture and Shutter Speed with Chelsea Williams - Here all about the PPA International Photographic Competition from Karen Butts who is in Georgia for the IPC. Then Chelsea interviews friend Gayle Fisher all about her involvement in special needs community and the best [...]
- July 12, 2016 – Aperture and Shutter Speed with Chelsea Williams – JT Thomas - JT Thomas is a long time photo hobbiest and told us all about the different types of things he likes to photograph. JT is also involved in the Woodlands Camera Club and Woodlands Photography Club [...]
- July 5th, 2016 – Aperture and Shutter Speed with Chelsea Williams - Chelsea took a break from the serious photography talk and just had a conversation with her friend Katelyn about what they do for fun. Everything from Macro to Aerial photography and all sorts of photography [...]
- June 28th. 2016 – Aperture and Shutter Speed - Chelsea recorded live from TPPA SummerFest and interviewed different speakers including newborn photographer Bree Adams, Mark McCall, and Wedding Photographer Francie Baltazar. TPPA Website Francie Baltazar Website Bree Adams Photography Listen to this show [...]
- June 14th, 2016 – Aperture and Shutter Speed with Chelsea Williams – Teri Whittaker - Learn all about the Professional Photography Guild of Houston. Chelsea interviewed Teri Whittaker President of PPGH who shared her personal journey with photography and all the wonderful things about the guild. Visit PPGH online [...]
- May 24th, 2016 – Aperture and Shutter Speed with Chelsea Williams - Chelsea talks about her experience digitally painting a picture and how she plans to print it. She also talks about different ways to outsource your editing and checklist to go over when your purchasing [...]
- May 10th, 2016 – Aperture and Shutter Speed – Winner of Modern Metal Kristina Keener!! - Chelsea talks about what she has been up to lately. Her recent trip and all the wildlife pictures she captured along the way. She also talks about Texas School of Professional Photography and the software [...]
- March 22nd, 2016 – Aperture and Shutter Speed – Ellen Taylor of Woodlands Photography Club - The new president of the Woodlands Photography Club Ellen Taylor talked about all the new things coming up in the club and what kind of photography she likes best. Chelsea announced the winner of the [...]
- March 8th, 2016 – Aperture and Shutter Speed with Chelsea Williams – Doug Sweet - Buy Periactin online from Canada Drugs, an online Canadian Pharmacy that offers free shipping on all orders of discount Periactin, buy periactin. Order Periactin or generic Cyproheptadine. Affordable prices, great customer service & fast shipping. [...]
- February 23rd, 2016 – Aperture and Shutter Speed – Vic Cheribini of Epic Software. - Vic Cherubini President of Epic Software dropped by and talked to Chelsea all about what they do at Epic. Epic Software works with commercial photography with industrial applications, the are in an innovating market of [...]
- February 9th, 2016 – Aperture and Shutter Speed – Chris Elliot - On February 9th on Aperture and Shutter Speed Chelsea interviewed Fine Art Nature photographer Christopher Elliott. Chris gave some great tips for photographing migrating birds in the area. Also, Chris talked about his guided photo [...]
- January 26th, 2016 – Aperture and Shutter Speed – Don Dickson - On January 26th Chelsea interviewed the Director of Texas School of Professional photography Don Dickson. Don has been the director for over 20 years and gave insight into what Texas School is and what everyone [...]
- January 12th, 2016 – Aperture and Shutter Speed – 2015 and Carolyn Gray - This was the first episode of Aperture and Shutter Speed in 2016 so Chelsea talked about all of the photography classes and workshops coming up this month and later in the year. Chelsea and Dick [...]
- December 8th, 2015 – Aperture and Shutter Speed – Ellen O’Reilly - December 8th on Aperture and Shutter Speed Chelsea interviewed local photographer Ellen O’Reilly. Ellen is involved in the Conroe Art League and talked about what she does to create her art. Chelsea also talked about [...]
- November 24th, 2015 – Aperture and Shutter Speed – Reagan Atkinson of Houston Camera Exchange - On November 24th Chelsea and Dick interviewed Reagan Atkinson from the Houston Camera Exchange. Reagan has over 40 years experience in photography and shared some of his memorable moments at a photographer for the Houston [...]
- November 11th, 2015 – Aperture and Shutter Speed – Allison Pitre - November 10th, on Aperture and Shutter Speed Chelsea interviewed Allison Pitre who is the current president of The Woodlands Photography Club. They talked about all the activities and resources the club offers. Also, how the [...]
- October 13th, 2015 – Aperture and Shutter Speed -Courtney Topini with C02 Designs - On October 13th Chelsea and Dick interviewed Courtney Topini owner of CO2 Designs. Courtney is a social media manager and gave some great tips on how to boost your social media. Your Hosts CHELSEA WILLIAMS [...]
- September 22nd, 2015 – Aperture and Shutter Speed – Kathy Adams Clark - In this show of Aperture and Shutter Speed Chelsea interviewed Naturalist Photographer Kathy Adams Clark. Kathy has a strong photography career with many published books, magazines and different publications. Kathy talked about classes that she [...]
- September 8th, 2015 – Aperture and Shutter Speed – Michael Sclafani - During the show guest Michael Sclafani talked to Chelsea and Dick all about Drones and aerial photography. Michael is also a licensed pilot which brings an interesting perspective on the future of drones and photography. [...]
- August 25th, 2015 – Aperture and Shutter Speed – Karen Butts - Chelsea interviewed portrait photographer Karen Butts. Karen lives in Cypress, Tx and has become a master, winning many print competitions. Karen is also teaching a photography class in September through the TPPA and we will [...]
- August 13th, 2015 – Aperture and Shutter Speed – Getting to know Chelsea - Chelsea talks about all the different classes and workshops going on in the area you can get involved in. She over her background and a little history into how she created her portrait photography business. [...]
- July 14th, 2015 – Aperture and Shutter Speed – Pete Poulsen with The Woodlands Camera Club - On this show of Aperture and Shutter speed Chelsea interviewed guest Pete Poulsen from the Woodlands Camera Club. Pete who is Vice President of the club talked about how the club came about and how [...]
- June 23rd, 2015 – Aperture and Shutter Speed – Glenda Minshew - Glenda Minshew with Plan Ahead Events in The Woodlands was a guest on the show. She explained what she does and the importance of photography from her perspective. Glenda also joined in the topic with [...]
- May 26th, 2015 – Aperture and Shutter Speed – Doug Box - On this show of Aperture and Shutter speed Chelsea and Dick interview professional photographer Doug Box. Doug talks about his personal journey in photography, the classes he now teaches and role as the Executive Director [...]
- April 28th, 2015 – Aperture and Shutter Speed – Brian DeMint - On the last show Chelsea and Dick interviewed fashion photographer Brian DeMint. Brian talked about his creative process and how he creates his brand to set himself apart. He also talked about teaching his craft [...]
- April 7th, 2015 – Aperture and Shutter Speed – Ed Gorman of The Conroe Art League - This week on Aperture and Shutter Speed guest Ed Gorman told us about what he does at The Conroe Art Leauge and how he offers to help people understand their cameras for free. Ed also [...]
- March 24th, 2015 – Aperture and Shutter Speed – EP #29 - Today was the second new show of Aperture and Shutter Speed, we learned a little more about our hosts. Also on today’s show Dick gave us 5 tips for using Adobe Bridge. Chelsea and Dick [...]
- March 10th, 2015 – Aperture and Shutter Speed – FREE GIFT CARD! - Today Aperture and Shutter Speed made a long awaited comeback with Dick Schissler and new host Chelsea Williams. We learned a little bit about the hosts and what the show is about. Specifically the hosts [...]